Myxos Swaziland Cultural Tours ______________________________________
-::- Guide No: ACT1054 -::- Alternative Route - Page 137 -::-
Your host Myxos welcomes you to 'Woza Nawe Tours'
- Responsible Cultural Tours in Swaziland - Southern Africa.
Woza Nawe Responsible Cultural Tours offers both one day and overnight cultural tours for interested visitors. Whatever your needs we will cater for them to ensure your trip to Swaziland is a memorable one. For those guests partaking in the overnight tour, accommodation is provided in traditional Swazi beehive huts.
Woza Nawe Tours not only gives visitors a taste of rural life in Swaziland, but also provides a source of income for the local families. This income helps these local families to remain self sufficient without them having to migrate into the towns to find employment.
One Day Cultural Tour
- We pick you up at 8:00am from wherever you may be staying in the busy town of Manzini (80,000 people).
- Visit the Manzini people's market. Here you will have a taste of a Swazi breakfast or incwancwa (which is pronounced with clicks).
- Craft and fresh vegetable shopping at the market. Walk around and explore the market. Maybe even get a skirt or pants made with fabric of your choice.
- Check the traditional medicine stall for local cures for all ailments.
- Leave town and head for rural village of Kaphunga. Learn about Swazi family life and culture. Get a taste of some of the Swazi customs and traditional beliefs. Get to understand the Swazi culture by sitting down with your host Myxos. He will explain all of the traditions and then have some mind blowing discussions about the culture, (one has to be open minded - there is both good and bad).
- Visit the Local families and get to try the siSwati language. See the day to day lifestyle of these friendly and welcoming Swazis.
- Take an easy walk towards the God's window of Kaphunga.
- Chill out with a bit of lizard spotting on the rocks on your guided walk. Get the local information from your guide.
- Transport back to the Manzini. (to the place where you are staying).
One Day Tour: R550.00 / person (2009)
Overnight Cultural Tour
As per the one day tour but also including:
- Sleep in traditional Swazi Beehive Huts on grass mats (mattresses are available for softies!)
- Meet and befriend the villagers.
- Try your hand at cattle dipping. * Only on Mondays so you need to arrive to the village on a Sunday.
- Visit the local school and get to understand the school education system. Teach for half an hour in the school and make friends with the kids. This school was started by Myxos for the community and it currently runs purely on donations from people who have visited the village on the cultural tour.
- Hike through the most scenic country side in Swaziland
- Sit around the fire in the evening and chat or tell stories, including ghost stories and taboos. Top it of with a Swazi dinner cooked on the open camp fire.
- Enjoy the peaceful rural setting away from it all. Join our night walks around the surrounding areas looking for wild life such as duikers and bush babies.
- Mountain biking
- Swazi traditional food is cooked and clean, boiled water is available.
Overnight Tour: R750.00 / person (2009)
Tel: Tel: (+268) 604 4102